No cost or commitment. You aren't signing up for college, you're just requesting easy answers and valuable information for free.
We Strive To Help You With …
- Obtaining funding for your education
- Selecting the best program
- Answering your questions about online classes
About WGU Indiana
WGU Indiana is an online, competency-based university. We emphasize mastery of essential skills and knowledge, instead of accumulating credit hours. Progress is based on passing rigorous assessments that measure your capabilities and competencies within your field of study. This approach to learning, coupled with online flexibility, makes WGU Indiana a perfect choice for focused, hard-working Indiana professionals.
With multiple degree programs in education, business, healthcare, and information technology, WGU Indiana's rigorous, yet flexible, approach gives the university a unique advantage over other online programs. Here's what the WGU Indiana advantage means to you:
- Flexibility and Affordability. Our competency-based approach gives you the flexibility to use your existing knowledge and experience to pass your assessments as quickly as you can. You pay tuition at one flat rate per six-month term, so if you're able to pass the assessments at a faster pace, you can save time and money.
- Credibility through Accreditation. Through Western Governors University, WGU Indiana's programs are regionally accredited. Also, the programs offered through the Teachers College at WGU Indiana are NCATE accredited, and the nursing programs are CCNE accredited (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791).
- Commitment and Support. At WGU Indiana, students are supported by a mentoring team committed to success. You'll work directly with numerous mentors and a support staff who will keep you motivated as they steer you toward your degree.
- Affordable Tuition. A nonprofit university, WGU Indiana's tuition is among the lowest in the state, comparing very favorably to Indiana's public colleges and universities.
WGU Indiana was established by a partnership between Western Governors University and the state of Indiana with a commitment to use higher education to improve the economic well-being of the state and its residents.
If you're an organized, independent learner willing to devote at least 20 hours a week to your studies, but require flexibility in time and place to complete your education, WGU Indiana could be the answer.
As part of Western Governors University, WGU Indiana offers degree programs that are:
- Regionally accredited. By the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities-the same accrediting body responsible for the accreditation of major institutions, including the University of Washington and the University of Oregon.
- NCATE accredited. WGU Indiana offers NCATE-accredited teaching degree programs. NCATE is the premier specialized accrediting body for teacher preparation and is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- CCNE accredited. The nursing programs at WGU Indiana are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, 202-887-6791).
- CAHIIM accredited. WGU Indiana's Health Informatics program is now accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- CNSS certified. WGU Indiana's Information Security and Assurance program has been certified by the National Security Agency's Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) Program.